Tazaa News latest news updates,
MOSCOW (UrduPoint News / Sputnik – February 15, 2023) Former Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro said on Tuesday that he plans to return to Brazil in March to lead the political opposition against current President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva and to reassert himself. to defend himself against accusations of inciting the January attacks. .in government buildings by protesters.
In an interview with The Wall, Bolsonaro said: “The right-wing movement is not dead and will live… Losing is part of the electoral process… I’m not saying it was rigged, but the process was biased.” The Street Journal added that he will work with his supporters in Congress and local governments to advance policies that he says are pro-business, anti-abortion, anti-gun control and other policies that are against family values.
Bolsonaro has said he is innocent of any wrongdoing and welcomed an investigation into attacks on government buildings in January in Brazil.
“I wasn’t even there and they want to pin it on me!” The former president told the media at the time that he condemned the attacks, saying it was wrong to see them as an attempt to topple Lula’s government.
“Coup? What coup? Where was the commander? Where were the troops, where were the bombs?” he said.
Bolsonaro also said he had not yet decided whether to run for president again, saying it was “much more difficult” than he had imagined, and acknowledged that legal action against him could follow. .
“A prison order can come from somewhere,” the former president said.
Lula won Brazil’s presidential election in October, defeating Bolsonaro, who Lula has compared to former US President Donald Trump.
In January, supporters of Bolsonaro attacked several government buildings in Brazil as part of protests against the election results. The situation was compared to Trump’s supporters, who delayed the results of the election certification by attacking the US Congress on January 6, 2021.
Bolsonaro has been living in the US since then and has applied for a visa to stay in the country amid legal proceedings in Brazil. In his first speech in the US since leaving office, Bolsonaro said he would “not give up” on Brazil and would take the opportunity to “recharge”.
Lawyers representing Bolsonaro have denied any wrongdoing linked to his unrest, reports said.