Virar: An incident has come to light in Vasai where a 7-year-old boy died due to an electric bike battery explosion. The boy was injured when the battery exploded while it was being charged. He died on the seventh day during treatment. Manikpur police has registered a sudden death in this case.
Also Read >>> Maharashtra Breaking News Live : Ajit Pawar salutes Mahatma Gandhi’s statue in Solapur; Read other important news in one click..
Also Read >>> Akola: Cannabis plants planted in house yard; Shocking type from Patur in Akola district
When Shahnawaz Ansari, a resident of Ramdas Nagar area of Vasai Purve, came home as usual on September 23, he left his electric bike battery charging in the living room and went to sleep. At this time, his mother and 7-year-old Shabir Ansari were sleeping in the living room. A sudden explosion occurred in the battery around 5:00 in the morning and Shabir was injured. The explosion was so big that it caused a lot of damage to the house. Shabir was admitted to a nearby private hospital where he died on September 30 after seven days of treatment. In this regard, the Manikpur police have registered a case of sudden death. The incident has once again raised a question mark on the quality of electric bikes. Even before this, electric bike accidents have come to light in the city. Due to this, the police has appealed to be careful while charging electric vehicles.